Thursday, June 12, 2014

Self-publishing

Self-publish is great. There are so many wonderful things about it. You can choose your own title, your own cover art, you own formatting, and your own content.

The problem is...It is a lot of work. I love writing! I love having people read my books. The problem is getting my books into the hands of readers. That means advertising or starting discussions about my books. It means looking into different formatting or even different cover art.

I have had some success with http://www.ebookbooster.com/ I have not tried www.bookbub.com but have heard some good things. I have tried bookmarks and going to book signing and book talks. I have done book fairs. It is not easy. There are times when I think...Is any of this work the time I put into it? Not the writing. I will always write. I mean the advertising. It isn't easy to spread the word about your books. Try www.goodreads.com if you need another way.

No comments:

Post a Comment