Friday, November 8, 2013

Differernt Genres

I am writing several short stories. One is a horror story. I am not revealing the pen name I will be writing under. The short story will lead to an adult horror book when I have time. The short story is looking to be around 40,000 words (around 150 pages). I am hoping to have this one out by August 2014.

Have you ever thought what you would do with an unlimited amount of money? Where would you build your home? What would surround it? Theodore and his wife buy a secluded lot on the outskirts of town. They surround their house with trees not native to the area. Soon their mansion is preceded by a thick forest. The trees, despite needing a certain climate, florish and grow twice their normal rate. It isn't long before the trees dwarf the mansion.

Noises are heard throughout their property. Some are welcome, like that of the cooing of their new son. When he turns seven, strange things start happening. People from the town start disappearing. Theodore must solve the mystery before his family is next.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be in your class at Phineas Davis. I'm home schooled now and was told to write a short story. I wrote about a Marine Corps veteran having severe PTSD. I am thinking about expanding it and creating a backstory for my character. Do you have any tips on writing a book? I am going into 9th grade next year and can say that thanks to you, all of my classes are gifted and talented and I am a year above in math. I just wanted to say thanks and ask you about the question.
    PS: I just now read the Turik book I proof-read and can say that I should have read it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am sorry, but I didn't. I have a primary yahoo email that I use, but am uncomfortable with giving that information out online, as anybody can see it. I have an account with a site called goodreads, do you have an account with them? It is mostly a book website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can email me at turiksaga@yahoo.com if you need anything. I can resend the email after you email me.

    ReplyDelete